Enjoy Your Vacation Without Excess Baggage
If you like to travel you should know how difficult it is for us to build a light suitcase. It is common that we want to load with all our wardrobe and accessories. However, the experience also tells us that many of the things that we take to the holidays return exactly the same and only serve to increase the weight of the luggage.
Therefore, learning to travel light can be very useful and avoid many complications. Maybe we should not send the suitcase through the warehouse or rent a car to move the heavy luggage through the airport, and if the trip is by land, better still, because the car has the lightest best performance.
Here are some tips to lose weight to your suitcase and enjoy your vacation:
- You do not have to take all the makeup kit, choose the essentials (compact powder, blush, eye pencil, highlighter and lipstick) to look good, regardless of the clothes you wear, and store it in a wallet that does not take up much space.
- Buy or pack your favorite perfume in a small container that you can take everywhere and with the amount allowed if you are traveling by plane (check with your airline).
- Select a pair of neutral accessories that combine with all the clothes you wear.
- Take one or two pairs of shoes maximum, depending on the number of days you are going to stay outside and the activities you plan to do during your trip. You can go tennis and pack some extra shoes for a more formal occasion.
- Unless you go to a congress or important event, we advise you to forget about the heels in those days. The trip will be more pleasant if you are comfortable and ready to walk.
- Keep in mind that most hotels have a hair dryer, so you can save that space in your suitcase. If you definitely want one, buy the traveler dryer that can bend and is small.
- If you want to take a book to read during the trip, we recommend that you look for a pocket edition, because it is ideal for this occasion.
- Before choosing the clothes check the weather forecast of the following days in the destination of your choice and you can pack only what is necessary.
- You do not need a pair of pants for each day, you can combine the garments to form different looks with a minimum of clothes. Obviously if it’s summer take shirts for every day but do not hesitate to repeat skirt or shorts.
- Do not overdo your underwear. Take enough to spend a few days and wash it while you’re there, because it dries quickly and you can use it again.
- Fold clothes into a cylinder so you can have more space and use airtight bags to store creams and small items.
- It is enough to carry a versatile handbag that matches everything.
- Leave space to bring gifts upon your return and for purchases you make while on vacation.
When traveling light luggage, you are more prepared to overcome the unexpected, walk more or undertake an adventure that perhaps did not appear in your initial plan. Try and see everything you can enjoy when you are not thinking about your suitcase.