How To Prepare The Suitcase: 10 Tips To Leave Light
How to prepare a light and practical suitcase? Here we tell you how …
Close the front door behind and, finally, leave. But without all the closet behind, please!
If you belong to the category of travelers-accumulators, if every year you return from the holidays with more than half of the unassessed suitcase, here are 10 tips to become a light-weight black belt and learn to bring only the essentials.
- Cut the quantities in half: fill out a list of items you want to bring with you, and then delete half the items. In most cases, you have put too many things in the pile, moved by the terror of staying in your underwear, or missing your favorite sweater (pity that you are going to the beach …).
- Soft or semi-rigid suitcase: leave your hard suitcases at home. They weigh more and are less capacious because they do not shape on the content.
- Pairings: do not throw in the suitcase the first thing that comes to mind, or the cute little t-shirt you bought the day before, but of an improbable fantasy. Choose clothes with simple colors and as much as possible matched to each other.
- Travel hanger: if you are going to a hotel, a B & B, a holiday home or a campsite, you can always wash underwear, T-shirts and clothes. Remove, then, some garments and place them in place a coat hanger on which to hang the wet dress, in the tub or in the shower: do you know that there are also inflatable clothes hangers?
- Buying on the spot: when you pack, you forget that what you have at home, more or less, is also found in shops … If you are leaving for a simple holiday in a tourist resort, you will find everything on site: no to the sweater too, better to buy a cheap one, in case you really need it (and go home with a memory).
- Smart clothes: dark colors win over light ones, and get lighter, so a blue trousers take the place of two beige trousers. The microfibre takes up very little space (no to terry towels!), A thin cotton pareo can replace a towel, a windbreaker with removable inner padding turns into a double garment (sweater + light windbreaker).
- Essential beauty case: unless you have to use specific products because you have skin problems, for a few days’ holiday you can be satisfied with toothpaste, toothbrush, and a few creams in the travel mini-bottles. In the case of cosmetics, in fact, the rule of purchase on the spot is worth more than ever: leave the half-liter bottle of shampoo or bubble bath at home, you can find it in the hotel, or in any supermarket … And then just a single detergent delicate for face and body, make-up remover wipes instead of bottles and bottles, a single moisturizer for the face …
- Things in … things: if you have to wrap a dress, you can use another less delicate dress, a cotton T-shirt or a sarong: you almost never need to carry envelopes, bags for clothes and containers. Bracelets and earrings can travel safely in a sock, and the medicines do not need the box: the blisters slip into the side pockets.
- Roll or smear: the light suitcase also depends on how you fold your clothes. There are two methods: the first consists in rolling them into sausage (like a camping tent …), and cramming them one next to the other layer on layer. They will take up very little space and will not get creased. Or, you can bend them as little as possible, that is, starting from the bottom, lay t-shirts and clothes almost completely open, bending only the sleeves.
- Automatisms: are you sure that the laptop is really fundamental? And the hairdryer? Think …