Traveling With Hand Luggage Only
You are of course not obliged to book hold baggage. Buy a travel trolley and check it in as hand luggage. Okay, you have to be a bit stricter for yourself when packing; six pairs of shoes really cannot. But it can be done! In any case for trips of seven days or shorter.
- A bottle of shampoo, a bottle, shower gel, sunscreen, deodorant … do you know how much space all your care products take? Time to buy travel bottles at the chemist and to take everything with you. Take into account that you can take max. One liter of liquid in bottles of no more than 100 ml each. Make sure you pack it separately in a lockable, plastic bag.
- Put your lightest and least-occupied clothes in your suitcase and put on your thick clothes.
- The same applies to shoes; Put your slippers and slip-ons in the suitcase and put on your rough walking shoes.
- Roll up garments, this takes up considerably less space than folded clothing
- Put your shoes full of socks and other small accessories.
- Go for basic garments that you can easily combine with each other.
- Still too much clothing? Use vacuum bags for clothing. With this you can make garments, simply by eliminating superfluous air, up to 70% smaller.
- Check with the airline if you can take a small extra bag with you. Various companies allow an extra small bag (with eg a camera or laptop).
What about the weight of your hand luggage?
In terms of kilos, the different airlines also differ, simply because the IATA has not set guidelines for this. A large number of companies have placed a maximum weight of 10 kilos, but at KLM this is, for example, 12 kilos. If you have a weight limit, make sure that you buy a lightweight suitcase.
The nicest hand luggage suitcases
Still looking for a suitcase for your hand luggage? The suitcases below all meet the IATA guidelines. The choice is yours!